WINGs (Women Investing in the Next Generation)
Young women in the early stages of their career or just entering the workforce are a powerful generation. They’re talented, passionate, and successful, and they are future leaders and philanthropists.
United Way’s WINGs group (Women Investing in the Next Generation) mobilizes the next generation of women leaders and their collective power to change lives and build strong communities through volunteerism, education, and philanthropy. A special program within United Way’s Women United Group, WINGs offers hands-on volunteer experiences, professional development opportunities, and networking events tailored to member interests.
WINGs is a fun way to cultivate a professional and personal network, but at its core, WINGs harnesses the energy and enthusiasm of young professional women to make a real impact in their community.
The value of WINGs membership:
- Become a philanthropist in your community
- Network with Boston’s top women leaders
- Participate in meaningful volunteer experiences
- Grow leadership and professional skills
In 2017, 100+ WINGs members:
- Helped United Way raise more than $300,000 to support families and children at United Way’s annual Women’s Leadership Breakfast, a cornerstone event which brings together business and community leaders to celebrate the impact of women in philanthropy.
- Provided 15 Marian L. Heard Scholars, first-generation college students, with the essentials to help navigate their freshman year of college and created 60 MLH Scholar “Finals Care Packs” with the tools and words of wisdom to help them survive a stressful exam season.
- Celebrated 200 new and expecting mothers in need at the annual Community Baby Shower and made sure they received the support and resources to give their newborn the best possible start in life.
- Attended a variety of educational and celebratory events such as Speed Mentoring, a Town Hall meeting, nonprofit grant review, and a Women’s Leadership workshop.
Members of WINGs are investing in the community and supporting the work of United Way. WINGs welcomes members who make a donation of at least $250 each year. This can be made as a one-time gift or set up for recurring payments (ex: $25/ month).
For more information contact Elizabeth Chmura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Engagement
- Retire United
- Affinity Groups and Giving Societies
- Tocqueville Society
- WOMEN UNITED
- Private Equity / Venture Capital
- Real Estate and Building Industry
- Young Professionals
- Corporate Social Responsibility