Real Estate and Building Industry
Building stronger communities.
25 years ago, a few hundred members of the Real Estate and Building Industry came together with a shared vision: to bring together those who were shaping Boston’s skyline around an opportunity to fortify our foundation — the people and families in our neighborhoods — through United Way.
The impact of United Way and the Real Estate Industry
- In 25 years, the real estate industry has invested over $48 million in United Way programs, impacting more than 375,000 families in that time.
- The industry raises an annual $3 million to support United Way housing programs through the Breakfast and workplace campaigns.
- In the last year, 9,000 homeless and at risk families successfully avoided homelessness.
- This year, 66 Community Builders volunteers engaged in 250 hours of service.
How you can get involved
Real Estate and Building Industry Breakfast: The 26th Annual Real Estate and Building Industry Leadership Breakfast, to be held on November 13, 2019, is one of the industry’s top philanthropic events, with over 1,200 attendees representing 297 firms in our region. Learn more.
Community Builders: United Way’s Community Builders are younger real estate professionals who are passionate about building strong, vibrant communities. Beyond their day jobs, this volunteer group connects with each other and their community through hands-on volunteer projects and spirited networking and fundraising events.
Engage your company: More than 100 industry firms partner with United Way by volunteering, running workplace giving campaigns and providing corporate contributions that power the core of our work in local communities.
For more information on how you can get involved, contact Rosie Martel-Foley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-624-8181.
- Family Engagement
- Retire United
- Affinity Groups and Giving Societies
- Tocqueville Society
- WOMEN UNITED
- Private Equity / Venture Capital
- Real Estate and Building Industry
- Young Professionals
- Corporate Social Responsibility