Private Equity / Venture Capital
Using our passion and expertise to seed innovative models and deliver high impact.
United Way’s relationship with the private equity and venture capital (PE/VC) industry has been built over the course of 26 years. Originally focused on one annual event, the PE/VC Leadership Breakfast, this relationship has expanded to include the development of signature volunteer projects and partnerships on United Way strategic initiatives.
Industry impact is spearheaded by two volunteer boards: the PE/VC Leadership Council and the PE/VC Associate Council.
Don’t miss this year’s PE/VC Leadership Breakfast!
For more than 25 years, hundreds of us – from the most influential leaders to the newest associates – have joined together for a morning of high-powered networking and even higher-powered community impact. We’ve raised more than $20 million since the Breakfast’s inception to support United Way’s work to help people and families in need. This year, respecting government health and safety guidelines, we won’t be gathering together in person – instead, we will be hosting the breakfast, virtually. Please join us to meet new, incoming United Way CEO, Bob Giannino as he and other special guests discuss the evolving issues in our communities, what we’re doing, what’s next, and the many ways you can help families and children in need.LEARN MORE
Impact of United Way and the PE/VC Industry
- United Way’s new Venture Fund catalyzes new ideas for driving population-level change. A competitive, juried selection process will result in up to 4 awards of up to $75,000 each to nonprofits that have the experience, community presence, and relationships to approach a big problem in a new way.
- The industry raises an annual $2.3 million to support United Way programs through the Breakfast, workplace campaigns, and individual philanthropic support.
- The PE/VC Leadership Council acted as a strategic partner for the DRIVE Initiative, a data-driven program that screened over 6,000 children for developmental delays.
- In only four years, the PE/VC Associate Council has raised over $170,000 while contributing over 1,150 hours of volunteer work and over 800 hours of strategic consulting.
- Industry leaders aided in the launch and execution of United Way’s Pay for Success program targeting chronic homelessness, which has successfully housed over 500 participants so far.
- Last year, industry members and their families engaged in over 900 hours of hands-on volunteer work.
Participating Firms Include:
- ABRY Partners
- Advent International Corporation
- Audax Group
- Bain Capital, LLC
- Battery Ventures
- Berkshire Partners
- Charlesbank Capital Partners
- DDJ Capital Management
- General Catalyst
- Great Elm Capital Group
- Great Hill Partners LLC
- Guidepost Growth Equity
- Harbourvest Partners
- J.W. Childs Associates
- M33 Growth
- M/C Partners
- Parthenon Capital
- Polaris Partners
- Providence Equity Partners
- Riverside Partners
- Summit Partners
- Symmetric Partners
- TA Associates Mgmt., L.P.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners
Change can’t happen without you. Opportunities include:
- Numerous events geared toward involving families and kids
- Hands-on volunteer events exclusively for the PE/VC community
- Skills-based projects leveraging strategy and analytics
- Sponsorships for industry events and volunteer projects
- Opportunities to serve on the boards of United Way-funded agencies
Sign up for the PE/VC Pipeline e-newsletter for upcoming networking events, volunteer opportunities, and news about our work. For more information, please contact Samantha Hanman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-624-8277.
- Family Engagement
- Retire United
- Women United Presents: Excerpts from The MOMologues
- PE/VC Associates COVID Recovery Virtual Game Night
- Venture Fund Pitch Night
- Real Estate Leadership Breakfast
- PE/VC Leadership Breakfast
- STEM Leadership Reception
- Board Connection
- Community Baby Shower
- Greater Boston Project Connect
- Thanksgiving Project
- Women’s Leadership Breakfast
- Drive 2 Thrive
- United for Justice
- Affinity Groups and Giving Societies
- Tocqueville Society
- WOMEN UNITED
- Private Equity / Venture Capital
- Real Estate and Building Industry
- Young Professionals
- Corporate Social Responsibility