Private Equity / Venture Capital
Using our passion and expertise to seed innovative models and deliver high impact.
United Way’s relationship with the private equity and venture capital (PE/VC) industry has been built over the course of more than 25 years, and includes a major fundraising event as well as the development of signature volunteer projects and partnerships on United Way strategic initiatives.
HELP FIGHT FOOD INSECURITY AT UNITED WAY’S PRIVATE EQUITY/VENTURE CAPITAL INDUSTRY NIGHT!
For more than 25 years, hundreds of us – from the most influential leaders to the newest associates – have joined together for a high-powered networking and even higher-powered community impact. We’ve raised more than $20 million over the years, to support United Way’s work to help strengthen our communities. Again this year, we’re teaming up with the United Way Thanksgiving Project to provide a week’s worth of groceries to local families experiencing food insecurity over the holidays.
Thursday, November 15, 2022
6:00 – 9:00PM
Impact of United Way and the PE/VC Industry
- The industry raises an annual $2.3 million to support United Way programs through the Breakfast, workplace campaigns, and individual philanthropic support.
- In 2021, the industry raised nearly $400k and contributed 300 hours of volunteer work toward providing Thanksgiving meals to 18,000 families
- The PE/VC Leadership Council acted as a strategic partner for the DRIVE Initiative, a data-driven program that screened over 14,000 children for developmental delays.
- In only four years, the PE/VC Council has raised over $170,000 while contributing over 1,150 hours of volunteer work and over 800 hours of strategic consulting.
- Industry leaders aided in the launch and execution of United Way’s Pay for Success program targeting chronic homelessness, which successfully housed over 1055 individuals.
Participating Firms Include:
- ABRY Partners
- Advent International Corporation
- Audax Group
- Bain Capital, LLC
- Battery Ventures
- Berkshire Partners
- Charlesbank Capital Partners
- DDJ Capital Management
- General Catalyst
- Great Elm Capital Group
- Great Hill Partners LLC
- Guidepost Growth Equity
- Harbourvest Partners
- J.W. Childs Associates
- M33 Growth
- M/C Partners
- Parthenon Capital
- Polaris Partners
- Providence Equity Partners
- Riverside Partners
- Summit Partners
- Symmetric Partners
- TA Associates Mgmt., L.P.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners
Change can’t happen without you. Opportunities include:
- Numerous events geared toward involving families and kids
- Hands-on volunteer events exclusively for the PE/VC community
- Skills-based projects leveraging strategy and analytics
- Sponsorships for industry events and volunteer projects
- Opportunities to serve on the boards of United Way-funded agencies
Sign up for the PE/VC Pipeline e-newsletter for upcoming networking events, volunteer opportunities, and news about our work. For more information, please contact Samantha Hanman at email@example.com or 617-624-8277.
- Community Conversations
- Family Engagement
- Retire United
- Women United Presents: Excerpts from The MOMologues
- PE/VC Associates COVID Recovery Virtual Game Night
- Venture Fund Pitch Night
- Real Estate Leadership Breakfast
- PE/VC Leadership Breakfast
- STEM Leadership Reception
- Board Connection
- Community Baby Shower
- Greater Boston Project Connect
- Thanksgiving Project
- Women’s Leadership Breakfast
- Drive 2 Thrive
- United for Justice
- Affinity Groups and Giving Societies
- Corporate Social Responsibility