Greater Boston Project Connect
Greater Boston Project Connect invites the whole community to come together in support of families in transition.
Hundreds of families throughout Greater Boston face uncertainty about their housing every day. The result: children can fall behind on schoolwork or fail to see a doctor when they need to. Adults pour energy into maintaining housing instead of moving ahead at work or at finishing their own education. No one should have to live like this, but for families facing housing instability, it’s an everyday experience.
PROJECT CONNECT PROVIDES
Greater Boston Project Connect is a one-day, full-service event that invites our entire community to come together in support of families in transition, who are experiencing homelessness, or are in need of any of the services offered at the event. We gather employers, service providers, and resources from across Greater Boston to give their time and energy to helping every participant who walks through the door.
Resources offered include, but aren’t limited to:
- Employers, Employment Services, Haircuts, and Professional Clothing
- Health, Wellness, and MassHealth Enrollment Assistance
- Government and Legal Services
- Family Resources, School Supplies, After-School Programs
- A Free Kids’ Corner During the Event
- Financial Checkup
When participants arrive, they’re paired with a volunteer guide who ensures they make every connection they need, helps arrange follow up meetings, and adds a personal touch to the day.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
Support Greater Boston Project ConnectMake an individual gift Make a corporate gift
Volunteer at the event
Volunteer to help at the event. Registered volunteers, download and complete the event Waiver and Photo Release here.
Register to attend as a guestRegister
To learn more about Greater Boston Project Connect or offer a service please contact Kiara Lum at email@example.com or 617-624-8005.
Project Connect 2018 was a resounding success. Here are a just a few highlights from the day:
- More than 450 people received services.
- Almost 150 volunteers came and engaged with their community.
- 66 unique service providers offered 2400 individual services.
- We raised more than $60,000 to further United Way’s support of families in transition.
Project Connect wouldn’t be possible without the combined effort of hundreds of volunteers and the generous contributions of our service providers and event sponsors. With their support, hundreds of families and individuals left the event better prepared for tomorrow.
- Family Engagement
- Retire United
- Affinity Groups and Giving Societies
- Tocqueville Society
- WOMEN UNITED
- Private Equity / Venture Capital
- Real Estate and Building Industry
- Young Professionals
- Corporate Social Responsibility