Corporate Social Responsibility – Old
THE NEW WORLD OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) used to mean a lot of things: giving employees an hour each month to volunteer for a cause of their choice, or donating computers to a community center, or forming a team to plant a garden in a city park.
Today the meaning and the value of CSR have changed. Today, some of the most successful organizations in the world are using CSR as a strategic differentiator in attracting and retaining the best talent and satisfying customer demand for social responsibility. Organizations with well-staffed, well-developed and fully supported CSR programs reap many benefits, including:
- Attracting and retaining the best employees. According to Harvard Business Review, social responsibility is one of the top five intangible benefits that potential employees look for when evaluating job opportunities.
- Building stronger leaders. 90% of human resources professionals say that pro-bono volunteering is an effective way to develop leadership skills.
- Creating more loyal customers. Consumers are increasingly steering business toward companies that are socially responsible. According to a 2015 Cone study, 90% of global consumers are likely to switch brands to one associated with a good cause, given comparable price and quality.
- Building goodwill in their communities. Building strong ties in the communities in which they do business can help an organization weather storms and build loyalty.
LET’S GET STARTED!
United Way of Mass Bay has more than 100 years of experience in helping organizations build and grow their CSR programs. We work with companies to develop customized giving and volunteer experiences, tailored to their corporate values and core strengths. Contact us today to talk about how we can help you build more meaningful connections with your employees, customers and communities, while upholding the values that make your organization unique.
- Family Engagement
- Retire United
- Real Estate Leadership Breakfast
- PE/VC Leadership Breakfast
- STEM Leadership Breakfast
- Board Connection
- Community Baby Shower
- Greater Boston Project Connect
- Thanksgiving Project
- Merrimack Valley
- Women’s Leadership Breakfast
- Affinity Groups and Giving Societies
- Tocqueville Society
- WOMEN UNITED
- Private Equity / Venture Capital
- Real Estate and Building Industry
- Young Professionals
- Corporate Social Responsibility