What do you fight for?
The mission of the United Way Emerging Leaders (EL) is to engage, inspire, educate, and empower young professionals in the Greater Boston area to make a difference through volunteerism, advocacy, and philanthropy. Membership provides many opportunities throughout the year to strengthen personal professional connections, learn about relevant social issues and participate in on-the-ground volunteerism that promotes change. Emerging Leaders makes it fun and easy for up-and-coming Bostonians to fight for worthy causes in our community.
Help feed 15,000 families this Thanksgiving!
Looking for new and exciting ways to engage your employees? Join United Way for our annual Thanksgiving Project Young Professional Night!
Food insecurity in Massachusetts doubled during COVID-19, with more than 1 million households across the state struggling to put food on the table during the peak of the pandemic. Thanks to our amazing community, last year we blew past our goal – reaching 23,500 families throughout our footprint with a week’s worth of groceries during the depths of the shutdown.
- 25,000+ pounds of food distributed
- 15,000 gift cards distributed
- 94,000+ people experiencing food insecurity received food for a week
- $550,000 raised in support of United Way’s emergency assistance programs
This year, we’re going even bigger. While we’re on the road to recovery, we have a long way to go and too many families are still unable to make ends meet. With your support, we’re making sure every local family can enjoy a home-cooked holiday meal with their loved ones – no matter what the future holds. Join the movement to help us raise $1 million for the fight against food insecurity in Massachusetts.JOIN US
Membership levels & PerkS
CHANGE CAN’T HAPPEN WITHOUT YOU. Opportunities INCLUDE:
- Youth Venture, Dream It, Do It
- Purses for a Purpose
- Youth Venture Pro-Dev Summit
- Thanksgiving Project: YoPro Night
- Youth Venture Pitch Day & Party
- STEMcation Week
- Youth Venture Consulting Sessions
- Board Connection Training
- Community Baby Shower
- Project Connect: YoPro Night
- and more!
To get involved with Emerging Leaders, email Dahlia Cox.
- Family Engagement
- Retire United
- Women United Presents: Excerpts from The MOMologues
- PE/VC Associates COVID Recovery Virtual Game Night
- Venture Fund Pitch Night
- Real Estate Leadership Breakfast
- PE/VC Leadership Breakfast
- STEM Leadership Reception
- Board Connection
- Community Baby Shower
- Greater Boston Project Connect
- Thanksgiving Project
- Women’s Leadership Breakfast
- Drive 2 Thrive
- United for Justice
- Affinity Groups and Giving Societies
- Tocqueville Society
- WOMEN UNITED
- Private Equity / Venture Capital
- Real Estate and Building Industry
- Young Professionals
- Corporate Social Responsibility