Join the cause. Make your voice heard. Create real change.
Policy change can be big or small. It can be petitioning your local mayor, state representative, or state senator to prioritize and scale programs that are proven to be effective in reducing homelessness or closing the achievement gap. It can be urging your congressmen to invest more in education, housing, or ensuring children, families and individuals in need have a protected safety net. It can be mobilizing your family, friends, and colleagues to speak out on a critical cause, in person or online.
Advocacy in Action
United Way galvanizes people to speak out for change. We’re amplifying individuals’ voices on important community issues. We provide a platform for people in Massachusetts to take meaningful action that makes a difference.
Last year, our network of passionate advocates joined with United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley and our partner agencies and:
- Successfully pushed for passage of a $1.8 billion Housing Bond Bill, a critical package that will preserve and create affordable housing across the Commonwealth
- Spearheaded the movement that reauthorized and expanded the Community Investment Tax Credit to support critical economic and community development
- Secured reauthorization of the Early Education and Out of School Time Capital Fund, a unique source of funding that supports major renovation and construction projects for facilities serving low-income children
Want to get involved? Read about more about our public policy agenda here, and then click below to sign up for advocacy alerts to stay tuned for updates and join our efforts to create lasting change.
To learn more, please contact Khushbu Webber at email@example.com.
- Family Engagement
- Retire United
- Venture Fund Pitch Night
- Real Estate Leadership Breakfast
- PE/VC Leadership Breakfast
- STEM Leadership Breakfast
- Board Connection
- Community Baby Shower
- Greater Boston Project Connect
- Thanksgiving Project
- Women’s Leadership Breakfast
- Affinity Groups and Giving Societies
- Tocqueville Society
- WOMEN UNITED
- Private Equity / Venture Capital
- Real Estate and Building Industry
- Young Professionals
- Corporate Social Responsibility