How can you create a brighter future for everyone in Massachusetts?
Whether you’re a parent, business leader, educator, legislator, or simply a good citizen, you can support the healthy development of young children and help create a brighter future for everyone in Massachusetts. The newly-redesigned “Brain Building in Progress”campaign website shows you how.
Started in 2010 as a joint initiative of the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) and United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley, Brain Building in Progress is a statewide campaign to raise public awareness of the importance of young children’s healthy development to the future economic prosperity of the Commonwealth, and the important role everyone can play in building young children’s brains.
Children’s brain development in the first five years of their life significantly influences their ability to learn over their lifetime. Children develop strong brains when they are exposed to enriching environments with positive stimulation. The Brain Building in Progress campaign website provides resources for parents, caregivers and individuals to support children’s brain building. We welcome the business, education, and policy-making communities, as well as members of the media to be part of this crucial venture. By giving a strong start to our youngest citizens, we create a stronger, more prosperous future for all.
How can you get involved with the Brain Building in Progress Campaign? Check out these features on the newly improved Brain Building in Progress website:
- Be a Brain Builder! Download fun activity guides for tips.
- Be a Brain Building champion. Use our marketing resources to promote brain building in your community, such as holding a Brain Building event, turning your business into a Brain Building Zone, or submitting a Brain Building Letter to the Editor of your local paper.
- Visit a Brain Building Zone! Find places to bring young children that provide an engaging and stimulating environment that supports brain development.
- Check out Brain Building events happening in your community.
- Make any moment is a Brain Building moment! Our featured partnerships with the MBTA, Registry of Motor Vehicles and Vroom show you how.
Help us spread the word about Brain Building in Massachusetts! Share the new website with fellow parents, caregivers, educators, business owners and community leaders. Together, we can do more than any of us can alone.