Holiday Volunteer Guide
It’s that time of the year again!
The Holiday Guide to Giving and Volunteering has landed and, as always, it’s packed with opportunities for you to help people in need through our local organizations. Thank you to our generous sponsors, Federal Savings Bank and Hawthorn Creative!
- View the guide as a searchable e-magazine.
- View date-specific opportunities on the calendar.
- View featured opportunities online.
Tips for using this guide
- Use the Quick Finder on page 5 to quickly find categories of need.
- Form a group of friends or coworkers to “adopt” a family or individual.
- Start a collection drive and list items needed and the recipient agency.
- Take up a collection to purchase much-needed gift certificates or vouchers.
- Remember: Most agencies need assistance prior to the holiday, not the day of.
United Way’s Volunteer HQ provides this information based upon submissions from area organizations. Each organization listed bears sole responsibility for the information and opportunities identified, including, but not limited to, all of the organization’s activities, selection of volunteers, and the terms and conditions of participation. United Way bears no responsibility for the activities, programs, and actions of those organizations. If you have questions about volunteering for United Way or the Holiday Guide, please contact Linda Lorrey at email@example.com.