RFP Community Reviewer Recruitment
Welcome to United Way of Massachusetts Bay’s Community Reviewer recruitment website. We’re seeking dedicated individuals to join our team of community reviewers to help evaluate grant applications for our Request for Partnership (RFP). By participating in this process, you will play a vital role in helping us select nonprofit organizations that align with our mission to advance an economically just region. Here you will find information about the responsibilities, commitment, and benefits of becoming a community reviewer.
Lead reviewers will receive $600 for their time, and reviewers will receive $250.APPLY TO BE A REVIEWER
Responsibilities of Community Reviewers
- As a community reviewer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Attending a training on how to score the applications
- Reviewing approximately 12 grant applications between August 7 and September 22
- Assessing the applications based on predefined criteria and guidelines
- Providing objective feedback and recommendations on each application
- Participating with other reviewers in discussions of the grantee selection
In addition to the responsibilities mentioned above, lead reviewers will be responsible for:
- Facilitating group discussions among community reviewers
- Ensuring a fair and thorough evaluation process
- Supporting the United Way team with any additional tasks related to grant application review
Community reviewers should expect to commit 7-9 hours to the review process. Team Facilitators should anticipate a slightly longer commitment of 12-15 hours. All reviewers must be available during the review period, August 7-September 22 and participate in a grant review training session.
Benefits of Becoming a Community Reviewer
By joining our team of community reviewers, you will:
- Gain valuable experience in the grant review process
- Contribute to the selection of nonprofit organizations that will positively impact your community
- Help advance economic justice in the Greater Boston and eastern Massachusetts region
- Network with other passionate individuals and professionals in the field
How to Apply
To become a community reviewer, please follow these steps:
- Review the responsibilities and commitment outlined on this website.
- Complete the online application form, providing your contact information and relevant experience.
- Submit your application by the specified deadline.
We will review all applications and notify successful candidates of their selection as community reviewers. If you have questions or need more information, please contact us . We appreciate your interest in becoming a community reviewer and look forward to working together to create meaningful change in our region.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.