The Greater Seacoast region stretches from Seabrook to Dover to Epping, Kittery and Eliot, Maine and within that area there is a rich diversity of communities. United Way, with your support, works to address the region’s biggest challenges by bringing together the agencies, companies, volunteers and donors to make change that lasts.
Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, United Way’s impact includes:
- Partner early learning centers like Great Bay Kids Company, Seacoast Community School and Kingston Children’s Center part of the Seacoast Early Learning Alliance (SELA), a group of child care agencies that combine buying power and enhance programs.
- The Granite Youth Alliance, a regional youth leadership team that tackles the toughest issues facing young people in the state like drug and alcohol abuse, bullying and disconnectedness from the community.
- The Granite Youth Film Festival, an annual event that brings together student filmmakers to shoot short films dealing with youth issues and premiere them on the big screen at O’neil Cinemas in Epping.
- K-Ready Kids delivers backpacks, books and supplies to children getting ready for kindergarten and K-Ready Readers places volunteers in childcare agencies to share a love of reading.
- With Coordinated Access, The Greater Seacoast Coalition to End Homelessness and United Way have pioneered a streamlined way to access homelessness prevention and ease the intake burden on shelters.
- The volunteer-powered Community Baby Shower, held in Somersworth and Portsmouth, connects low-income new and expecting moms with resources, learning and baby basics to get the young families started off on the right foot.
A complete list of partner agencies can be found here. (PDF)
Click here for the list of Regional Council members. (PDF)
Related Blog Posts
January 6, 2016
You helped make 2015 a year of tremendous impact! As volunteers, advocates and donors, you’re helping to drive change that…Continue Reading
August 20, 2015
It all started with eight brown bag lunches. Like many system-shocking ideas, this one germinated in modest conditions. The year…Continue Reading
September 5, 2017
Somersworth Ready Together sends kindergarten teachers into students’ homes before school starts, easing first day jitters so kids can start…Continue Reading