The Greater Seacoast region stretches from Seabrook to Dover to Epping, Kittery and Eliot, Maine and within that area there is a rich diversity of communities. United Way, with your support, works to address the region’s biggest challenges by bringing together the agencies, companies, volunteers and donors to make change that lasts.
Join us for the Seacoast’s Premier Women’s Leadership Event, Purses for a Purpose.Purses for a Purpose
Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, United Way’s impact includes:
- Partner early learning centers like Great Bay Kids Company, Seacoast Community School and Kingston Children’s Center part of the Seacoast Early Learning Alliance (SELA), a group of child care agencies that grant buying power and enhance programs.
- The Granite Youth Alliance, a regional youth leadership team that tackles the toughest issues facing young people in the state like drug and alcohol abuse, bullying, and disconnectedness from the community.
- The Granite Youth Film Festival, an annual event that brings together student filmmakers to shoot short films dealing with youth issues and premiere them on the big screen at O’neil Cinemas in Epping.
- K-Ready Kids delivers backpacks, books, and supplies to children getting ready for kindergarten and K-Ready Readers places volunteers in childcare agencies to share a love of reading.
- With Coordinated Access, The Greater Seacoast Coalition to End Homelessness and United Way have pioneered a streamlined way to access homelessness prevention and ease the intake burden on shelters.
- The volunteer-powered Community Baby Shower, held in Somersworth and Portsmouth, connects low-income new and expecting moms with resources, learning, and baby basics to get the young families started off on the right foot.
A complete list of partner agencies can be found here.
Click here for the list of Regional Council members. (PDF)
View our Impact Paper here. (PDF)
Find Out More
Stay Up To Date
Sign up for our e-newsletter!