For more information on Venture Fund volunteering, email Katie Padmore.
United Way’s Venture Fund is a catalyst for getting promising new ideas for driving population-level change into practice. A competitive, juried selection process will result in up to 4 awards of up to $75,000 each to nonprofits that have the experience, community presence, and relationships to approach a big problem in a new way, but need funding and a thought partner to bring that idea to life.
Our call to community organizations in our service area for innovative, collaborative approaches to achieving any of the following impact goals:
- All individuals have safe, permanent, affordable housing
- All adults have jobs that allow them to support themselves and their families
- All adults are able to meet their basic needs and achieve a state of financial wellbeing
- All children enter kindergarten ready to learn
- All youth graduate from high school ready to succeed in college and/or careers
If interested in applying, agencies must submit a Letter of Intent by December 31, 2019. Those who are invited to submit a full application will be informed by January 3rd and this will be due February 28, 2020. To assist with preparation, download an FAQ sheet and the full application for your reference.
Dozens of volunteers will review these applications and provide United Way with critical support in selecting up to eight finalists to pitch their ideas this Spring.
For more information about the Venture Fund, please contact Karley Ausiello at email@example.com.
- Family Engagement
- Retire United
- Affinity Groups and Giving Societies
- Tocqueville Society
- WOMEN UNITED
- Private Equity / Venture Capital
- Real Estate and Building Industry
- Young Professionals
- Corporate Social Responsibility