Use your passion and expertise to seed innovative models and deliver high impact.
United Way’s relationship with the private equity and venture capital (PE/VC) industry has been built over the course of 24 years. Originally focused on one annual event, the PE/VC Leadership Breakfast, this relationship has expanded to include the development of signature volunteer projects and partnerships on United Way strategic initiatives.
Industry impact is spearheaded by two volunteer boards: the PE/VC Leadership Council and the PE/VC Associate Council.
Impact of United Way and the PE/VC Industry
- The industry raises an annual $2.3 million to support United Way programs through the Breakfast, workplace campaigns, and individual philanthropic support.
- The PE/VC Leadership Council acts as a strategic partner for the DRIVE Initiative, a data-driven program that has screened over 6,000 children for developmental delays.
- In only three years, the PE/VC Associate Council has raised over $170,000 while contributing over 1,150 hours of volunteer work and over 800 hours of strategic consulting.
- Industry leaders aided in the launch and execution of United Way’s Pay for Success program targeting chronic homelessness which has successfully housed over 500 participants so far.
- Last year, industry members and their families engaged in over 900 hours of hands-on volunteer work.
Participating Firms Include:
- ABRY Partners
- Advent International Corporation
- Audax Group
- Bain Capital, LLC
- Battery Ventures
- Berkshire Partners
- Charlesbank Capital Partners
- DDJ Capital Management
- General Catalyst
- Great Elm Capital Group
- Great Hill Partners LLC
- Guidepost Growth Equity
- Harbourvest Partners
- J.W. Childs Associates
- M33 Growth
- M/C Partners
- Parthenon Capital
- Polaris Partners
- Providence Equity Partners
- Riverside Partners
- Summit Partners
- Symmetric Partners
- TA Associates Mgmt., L.P.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners
Change can’t happen without you. Opportunities include:
- Numerous events geared toward involving families and kids
- Hands-on volunteer events exclusively for the PE/VC community
- Skills-based projects leveraging strategy and analytics
- Sponsorships for industry events and volunteer projects
- Opportunities to serve on the boards of United Way-funded agencies
Sign up for the PE/VC Pipeline e-newsletter for upcoming networking events, volunteer opportunities, and news about our work. To learn more, please contact Jessica Igoe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-624-8021.