LOCATION: Boston, MA
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant, Individual Giving
REPORTS TO: Assistant Vice President
STATUS: Temporary 6-month, exempt
This position supports the Chief Development Officer and Individual Giving and Stewardship team through preparation of reports and correspondence for internal and external purposes. Also, this person provides database maintenance, telephone support, meeting coordination, pledge processing, managing electronic and printed communication to staff, donors and volunteers. This position also provides support to various organizational initiatives, some general department functions and other projects as assigned.
- What: Serve as point-person to support Individual Giving and Stewardship team’s use of database management system (Andar).
How: Become and stay knowledgeable by participating in trainings, utilize help guides and videos to gain deeper knowledge, field questions and coordinate with IT to get answers, as appropriate. Prepare reports maximizing information in Andar.
- What: Prepare and review reports for CDO
How: Using United Way databases compile, sort, and format data for reports, cross check reports for discrepancies, upload information to database for events or opportunities.
- What: Update and maintain records in data management system related to, Tocqueville Committee volunteer assignments, and donor prospect lists.
How: Make corrections to existing records, collect information from donors and volunteers, monitor various Data Quality reports to keep information up to date for donor records.
- What: Provide event support as needed.
Run reports to create warehouses, distribution lists, invitation lists; create registration page. Create articles for Marketing materials related to events. Send e-communications related to event. Run attendance reports when requested. Change status of attendees for received RSVPS.
- What: Provide administrative support to CDO, VP of Individual Giving and AVP of Stewardship staff as needed. Assist with volunteer and donor communications and various projects as may be assigned.
How: Create and prepare various forms of correspondence (letters, memos, large mailings, emails, etc.). Maintain filing systems and manage periodic back-ups of the public drives used by development staff. Manage special handling of donor groups and follow up communications. Coordinate internal and external meeting scheduling for the CDO, VP of IG, and the Tocqueville Society Council. Set up Zoom meeting details.
- What: Execute weekly printed stewardship communications in coordination with the Stewardship team.
How: utilizing data provided by the Stewardship team, create mail merges for stewardship acknowledgement letters. Print acknowledgement letters, and accompanying envelopes, stuff, seal, stamp, and mail letters on a weekly basis. All necessary materials will be provided.
- What: Respond to donor and volunteer inquiries while conveying a professional manner along with a willingness to help. Provide reliable, accurate, and timely responses to questions from internal and external customers
How: Receive and respond directly to requests and questions from donors, volunteers, other development staff and others as needed. Research and verify information to assure accuracy and reliability of the data. In rare exceptions, when unable to address donor or volunteer needs, forward inquiries and requests to appropriate staff person.
- What: Process pledges for individual giving team.
How: Receive and submit pledges to finance using correct forms and methods. Inform RMs of pledges received.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 1-2 years administrative development support experience in either the private or non-profit sector.
- High proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment required, specifically Excel. Experience with data management systems strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and priorities. Ability to work independently and in teams a must.
- Exceptionally detail oriented.
- Commitment to accountability and execution.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Adept in data management and analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong internal partnerships across the entire organization and the ability to influence others.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing environment.
- Strong sense of humor and positive outlook.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way.
- Flexibility with virtual work through at least the end of June 2021, recognizing that this position will be expected to eventually travel to our Boston office.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: