Location: Boston, MA
Position Title: Senior Director, Individual Giving and Leadership Gifts
Division: Individual Giving
Reports to: Vice President Individual Giving and Leadership Gifts
Status: Exempt, Full-time
The Senior Director, Individual Giving and Leadership Gifts is responsible for building lifetime relationships with Individual donors and their families through targeted engagement as well as thoughtful stewardship that aligns their community interests and passions to United Way’s work. They will position United Way as the donors trusted and valued philanthropic partner of choice. Laser-focused on providing the best possible donor experience, at each stage of the relationship, they will create a portfolio of mission-focused donors who not only sustain our organization but drive community impact. Achieving clearly defined revenue goals by cultivating relationships with high net-worth donors and prospects to ensure maximum engagement of our donors which will ultimately lead to improved donor retention, acquisition, and growth across various channels. This position will cultivate and solicit leadership contributors and prospects through workplace campaigns, individual donors, mailings, and other fund-raising events and engagement opportunities. This position is responsible for a significant major gifts portfolio and aligning organizational programs and initiatives with donor interests and philanthropic goals well as ensure measurable, sustainable impact for our community.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
This position is responsible for the successful management of a significant major gifts portfolio of high net-worth donors and prospects and to achieve ambitious annual revenue goals. This position works closely with the Corporate Relations team to retain, acquire and grow leadership and Tocqueville giving in the workplace. This position will achieve success by:
- Developing and executing a moves management plan for a portfolio of approximately 300 donors and prospect
- Cultivating and stewarding donors through various channels; in-person meetings, volunteer and engagement opportunities, events, email/phone/written communications
- Soliciting donors in a thoughtful and timely fashion
- Ensuring relevant information about high-net-worth donors and prospects is shared consistently and leveraged across the organization and recorded in our database.
- Building and maintaining institutional, community and partner knowledge to identify opportunities for donor engagement and growth
- Working closely with Corporate Relations teams on key accounts to build leadership giving base and secure Tocqueville level gifts as well as retain donors.
- Prospecting and Soliciting new gifts
- Partnering with the Stewardship team to provide leadership and major donors with a best in class experience.
- Attend events after hours including weekends as needed
- Drive success in attaining revenue goals for strategic initiative
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5-8 years of leadership giving and/or major gifts experience in the non-profit sector.
- Experience and understanding of consultative sales and engagement approach preferred.
- Proven experience and ability to build relationships with donors resulting in major gifts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; the ability to inform, inspire and connect prospects and donors to United Way’s work in the community
- Strong customer service skills and commitment to donor confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong internal partnerships and work within cross-functional teams; team player.
- High-energy individual with a positive outlook.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing an environment.
- Creative and Strategic problem solver.
- Highly motivated self-starter; able and willing to take initiative and action
- Commitment to accountability.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment required. Experience with data management systems strongly preferred.
- Volunteer Management preferred
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
Human Resources Coordinator
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210. Fax: 617- 624-9114
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.