LOCATION: Boston, MA
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager, DRIVE Initiative
DIVISION: Community Impact (CI)
REPORTS TO: Director, Community Impact
STATUS: Non-exempt, part-time
Background on DRIVE Initiative
DRIVE (Data and Resources Investing in Vital Early Education) focuses on increasing the number of children receiving development screening in Massachusetts to support school readiness, connection to resources, and family engagement through partnerships with community agencies. DRIVE supports partners through provision of materials, training and technical assistance, as well as access to, and analysis of, aggregate screening data.
POSITION OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
United Way seeks an early childhood professional with project management experience to join its DRIVE Initiative. This position oversees daily management of all aspects of the DRIVE initiative and interfaces regularly with early childhood providers in early education centers, family child care, and community agencies. This position will support systems- and community-level change for young children in United Way’s footprint, through DRIVE, including the following key responsibilities:
- Provide training and TA for new and existing partners (support with entering ASQ’s and using database, update training materials as needed, provide one-on-one TA as needed)
- Ensure program compliance (track quarterly data entry, follow-up with programs on re-screening and referrals) and organize program materials
- Maintain ASQ Online accounts
- Conduct site visits to DRIVE partners to check in or provide in person TA, as needed
- Support family engagement efforts among Boston programs, specifically review School CNXT application including the expansion, training and convening partners, and collection, analysis and reporting of data
- Organize and lead DRIVE communities of practice
- Support other components of DRIVE as needed
- Attend other United Way and community-based meetings and events as needed
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years’ experience in related field required
- Working knowledge of current research, issues, and trends relating to young children
- Ability to build and sustain productive relationships with diverse individuals, groups, organizations and communities
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Proficiency in attending to detail with ability to organize and prioritize with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, listening, and facilitation skills
- Comfort reviewing and discussing data or interest in data analysis
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Regular access to laptop for trainings and TA
- Ability to provide own transportation
- Skills and comfort with Microsoft Office, Internet, and Social Media
- Passion for and commitment to United Way’s mission
About United Way
We unite to create positive, lasting change for people in need. We call it harnessing the power of people working together. And that means everyone – individuals, nonprofits, companies, and government agencies.
We work every day to achieve our vision and mission by focusing on two foundations of better lives: Financial Opportunity and Educational Success. Specifically:
Financial Opportunity: Ensuring that all families have safe housing, healthy food and quality childcare. That they have jobs that allow them to support themselves and their families. And that they have access to financial tools and coaching to help build a better future.
Educational Success: Preparing children to enter school ready to learn, develop critical social and academic skills, and get the support they need to stay in school and graduate.
You are the key to making this shared vision a reality. Your gifts become critical funding for ground-breaking initiatives and best-in-class partnerships with nonprofit agencies throughout our region, your time and talents fuel the engine for change; your friends, family and colleagues are the army of difference-makers who positively impact lives.
That’s what it means to LIVE UNITED.
Please join us.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
Human Resources Coordinator,
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210