LOCATION: Boston, MA
POSITION TITLE: Part-Time Summer Social Emotional Learning Coach
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The SEL Coach will be an integral member of the SELC team working collaboratively with the Director of SEL and SELC Partner Sites. Under the direction of the Director of SEL, the SEL Coach will provide SEL instructional coaching, and support to program staff. The SEL Coach will also support TUFTS and United Way in data collection efforts.
- SEL Coaches will provide support to 3 SELC Partner Sites located in a specific region. We will select 1-2 SEL Coaches for each of the following areas in the United Way of Massachusetts Bay & Merrimack Valley footprint:
- Beverly, Lynn, & Salem
- Cambridge, Somerville, & Waltham
- Chelsea, Revere, & Winthrop
- Consult with SELC Partner Site staff concerning SEL programming and delivery of curriculum and strategies
- Oversee the completion of the DESSA Mini Assessment (Pre and Post) along with the student demographic questionnaire across all participating sites and submit all data directly and securely to United Way
- Perform other related duties as directed by the United Way Director
- Support SELC Partner Site Staff in integrating SEL practices in summer program structures, scheduling, and day to day activities.
- Provide targeted coaching and attend planning and learning time to reinforce integrating social emotional practice into the design of instruction and content.
- Model and coach the delivery of social and emotional learning lessons using various coaching models (one-on-one settings, peer coaching, observe and model lessons; co-plan and co-teach lessons) and provide debrief and feedback sessions when applicable
- Provide coaching to SELC Site Staff to support social emotional learning across different settings during the summer months
Position Timeline Information
- Attend a 4 hour orientation at United Ways office on May
- Attend a 4 hour SELC partner site kick off on May 17th
- Provide 18 hours of coaching & support each week for 9 weeks; End of June to Mid August
Interested candidates should share a cover letter indicating geography preference and professional resume to Resume@supportunitedway.org addressed to United Way of Massachusetts Bay Director Kate Shea.