LOCATION: Boston, MA
POSITION TITLE: Launch Project Manager
DIVISION: Community Impact
REPORTS TO: Director, Educational Success
STATUS: FTE, Exempt Grant Funded Position through February 2021
Funded by the Department of Housing and Community Development of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, United Way is leading Launch, a newly-formed consortium of community-based partners, organized to create a coordinated system of providing outreach, connection and referrals, for education, training, and job placement to youth living in state-subsidized housing who are under- or unemployed and not enrolled in education and training. The network includes nonprofit partners in addition to United Way, the lead partner, all working together to integrate coaching, referral, and case management services. Collectively throughout Greater Boston and Lynn, Launch will enroll 360 young adults in coaching and services that increase employment readiness and/or lead to employment.
- Coordinate the coaching community of practice and maintain resources for participants on best practices in the financial capability field for the participating cohort.
- Provide technical assistance and support both on-site and remotely for direct service staff of partnering organizations.
- Build and maintain relationships with housing authorities, community associations, tenant associations, and other residential groups in order to gain access to opportunity youth for outreach purposes.
- Establish communication systems between all partners.
- Stay abreast of current research, public policy, and community relationships related to opportunity youth.
- Manage all aspects of the project, as outlined in the descriptions/proposals including executing contracts with partners, trainers, and consultants as appropriate.
Performance Management & Project Reporting:
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the partners relative to the goals for the grant term by conducting site visits, managing ETO (the shared client database) and intake, assessment and case management data.
- Proactively identify areas of challenge and problem-solve with partners to course correct.
- Provide technical assistance to partner sites to help strengthen their performance relative to goals.
- Responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of the pilot initiative including participation metrics, program quality and satisfaction metrics, and system-level metrics and use learnings to make recommendations for the future of the initiative.
- Responsible for preparing narrative and quantitative reports as required by project funders.
- Relevant experience including: managing youth or young adult programming, pathway programs for older youth, or programming targeted toward subsidized housing residents, program development, and evaluation.
- Strong knowledge of low-income young adult population and positive youth development framework.
- Familiarity with youth employment and education pathways.
- Familiarity with financial education/financial empowerment programs and/or coaching models a plus.
- Experience coordinating multi-organization initiatives with diverse stakeholders. Experience supporting direct service staff.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a complex project.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills including listening skills, written and oral communication skills, facilitation skills, and presentation skills.
- Experience analyzing and using data to inform and improve program performance and outcomes.
- Empathy, flexibility, and ability to contribute effectively as part of a professional team. Microsoft Office skills and database management experience.
- Travel throughout Greater Boston and United Way footprint required; use of car helpful.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of the United Way.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley,
Human Resources Coordinator,
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210. Fax: 617- 624-9114
For information on additional opportunities, please access our Web Site at www.unitedwaymassbay.org
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.