LOCATION: Boston, MA
POSITION TITLE: Events Intern
REPORTS TO: Events Manager
STATUS: Internship, Unpaid – 2-4 days per week for one semester. (January – May)
Events and engagement experiences are a means to deliver United Way’s strategic message, increase community awareness, raise funds, cultivate, educate, and recognize donors and other constituents. They also increase donor commitment to United Way and provide Development staff with a platform for one-to-one engagement with donors and prospects. The Event Intern supports the planning and timely execution of events and special experiences for donors and prospects as well as on-site technology to manage guests and collect donations.
- Responsible for accurate and up-to-date data entry for all event related lists and mailings. Must have a working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet formatting and sorting in order to manage event databases and table assignments.
- Administrative duties, which include but are not limited to: preparing agendas, preparing meeting minutes, calendaring, and meeting preparation.
- Maintain accuracy in producing name tags, tent cards, mailing labels, and other signage appropriate for each event.
- Assist with on-site event set-up, registration, logistical support, and clean-up on event days.
- Create e-communications and work with events team on creative elements.
- Work with Marketing and IT to collect, analyze, and report out post-event data.
- Support the Events Marketing Manager with the storage, usage, and display of materials in office and onsite at events.
- Other assignments as requested by the Events Director and Events Marketing Manager.
- Current college student or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months to one year of in-office experience. Prior event experience strongly preferred.
- Candidates should have strong interest in furthering their experience in the event management or development fields.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook preferred.
- Resourcefulness, creativity, adaptability, flexibility, and ability to exercise sound judgment and work calmly under pressure required.
- Ability to establish priorities, balance demands of multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be successful working with cross-functional teams and external volunteers and donors.
- Communication skills including: oral, written and listening skills.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of the United Way of Massachusetts Bay.
- Experience with nonprofit organizations and working with volunteers preferred.
- Some evenings and early mornings required.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
Human Resources Coordinator
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210.