LOCATION: Boston, MA
POSITION TITLE: Engagement, Intern
REPORTS TO: Volunteer Coordinator, Engagement
STATUS: Unpaid – Academic Credit – 3 days per week one semester (January-May)
Signature Events and engagement experiences are a means to deliver United Way’s strategic message, increase community awareness, cultivate and educate volunteers all while meeting the needs of underserved populations. United Way’s Signature Events include the Thanksgiving Project, Community Baby Shower and Greater Boston Project Connect. These events provide vital resources, connections and tools for low income families including everything from groceries and baby supplies to haircuts and housing services. The Engagement Intern supports the planning and timely execution of events and special experiences for volunteers and guests.
- Support staff in managing logistics for United Way’s Community Baby Shower and Greater Boston Project Connect including item drives
- Correspond with external stakeholders regarding promotion of event and details surrounding preparation such as clothing and book drives
- Coordinate logistics for day-of volunteer engagement
- Attend events and serve as support for event execution as it relates to content and volunteer experience
- Participate in UW meetings related to Signature Events
- Support community volunteer projects including handling logistics, on-site volunteer training, communication with volunteers, and evaluation
- Current College Student or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months to 1-year office experience strongly preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook preferred
- Resourcefulness, creativity, adaptability, flexibility, and ability to exercise sound judgment and work calmly under pressure required.
- Ability to establish priorities, balance demands of multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to be successful working with cross-functional teams and external volunteers and donors.
- Communication skills including, oral, written and listening skills
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of the United Way of Mass Bay
- Nonprofit and working with volunteers experience preferred.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.