Location: Boston, MA
Position Title: Director, Corporate Relations
Reports to: Vice President, Corporate Relations
Status: Exempt, Full-time
The Director, Corporate Relations is an integral part of the team charged with securing funds from major and priority corporate accounts, strengthening relationships within the portfolio, and selling a new United Way philanthropy platform, Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud. The Director, Corporate Relations is expected to spend the majority of their time in the field meeting and interfacing with key constituents and prospects in order to promote Salesforce Philanthropy to new and existing clients and generate revenue within the corporate community. He/She will stay abreast of the current market climate, ensure Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud is at the forefront of corporate relations, and demonstrate the benefits and abilities of the new platform. The Director, Corporate Relations will also develop and carry out a plan for their assigned priority and major corporate accounts, which includes using all United Way donor acquisition models (workplace campaigns, leadership events, affinity groups, community engagement etc.).
This position will be reporting to the VP, Corporate Relations and will work alongside both the Corporate Relations and more specifically, the internal Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud team. The outward facing role will require the candidate to have sales experience, leadership abilities, and willingness to open doors to personal and professional networks in an effort to drive new business. He/She will also be responsible for project management for the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud team (such as prospecting, research, sales stage tracking, etc.).
Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud Platform: The Director, Corporate Relations will be an integral part of the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud team, selling the product to new and existing corporate partners. He/She will help construct sales pitches and presentations, host demonstrations for prospective companies, and provide detailed information on the benefits and logistics of the platform. The Director will identify and manage the front end needs of the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud platform for partner companies.
Generate New Business: a critical need for Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud. The Director will stay abreast of the current market climate, ensure Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud is at the forefront of corporate relations, and demonstrate the benefits and abilities of the new platform.
Manage Key Corporate Accounts/Individual Relationships for significant revenue growth. Direct responsibility for building strong, mutually beneficial relationships with key corporate partners and individuals, focusing on revenue growth through workplace campaigns. In conjunction with the VP, Corporate Relations, the Director will create annual and long-term business strategies and action steps needed to secure additional financial support for United Way. Encourage corporate partners to offer United Way volunteer opportunities to their employees on a regular basis and engage companies and individuals in key United Way events that occur annually, such as Board Connection and the Thanksgiving Project. Additionally, if a company has a philanthropic area of focus, work with their campaign team and/or corporate social responsibility department to align their efforts with one of United Way’s corresponding impact areas. Track revenue generation, retention, donor count, visits and new business activity throughout the year and provide monthly projections against goals.
Work closely with the Individual Engagement team in development to cultivate and grow relationships with individual leader donors within workplace campaigns. Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals.
Work successfully within the Development Department and other UW departments to coordinate and communicate your support needs/requirements and to maximize time in the field. Engage in weekly team meetings, organization sponsored training and team building events as scheduled and present a professional and positive attitude towards team members and staff.
A very high level of clear communication is necessary and expected from the Director, Corporate Relations. It is critical to capture information from your external appointments onto cultivation reports in a timely manner. Maintain accurate and detailed donor and account records in Andar in order to analyze deployment of resources against objectives. In addition, communications will be reviewed by the Vice President, Development and discussed at team meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or a minimum of 5 years of equivalent consultative sales or fundraising experience in either the private sector or non-profit setting.
- Focused sales/marketing experience with applied emphasis on customer relationship building, applied consultative sales skills, demonstrated success with effective listening skills.
- Solid connections within the private sector and willingness to open doors to new business.
- Experience constructing sales pitches, presentations, and demonstration.
- Strong customer service skills and detailed knowledge of customer management.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with an ability to relate to a diverse group of individuals or organizations in an effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- High-energy individual who takes initiative with a positive outlook who can manage ambiguity and change.
- Thirst for knowledge, desire for constant learning.
- Manage expectations of internal team members effectively and a strong desire and aptitude to be part of a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to gain consensus and to tie United Way benefits to partner needs.
- Strong Character
- Sense of humor and an ability to have fun.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
Human Resources Coordinator
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210. Fax: 617- 624-9114
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.