LOCATION: Boston, MA
POSITION TITLE: Director – Campaign and Affinity Group Marketing
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President, Marketing
STATUS: Exempt, Full-time
The United Way of Massachusetts Bay is looking for a passionate marketing leader to create motivating and engaging strategies and plans to increase retention of existing donors and attract new prospects via fundraising events and annual corporate fundraising campaigns. This position will report to the SVP of Marketing.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, and proactive marketing leader with an interest in working for an organization whose purpose is to fight for those in need and build stronger communities. The ideal candidate will be a strong strategic thinker with the ability to utilize formal and informal marketing research to consistently create new and engaging marketing programs while also having the discipline to relentlessly analyze impact to determine the most effective content and methods. In addition to the SVP Marketing, the Director – Campaign and Affinity Group Marketing will partner with other members of the marketing team as well as Development and Community Impact to grow revenue and increase brand awareness
Take a lead role in working with the Development team to transform United Way fundraising campaigns targeted to workforces within corporations. This will include:
- Partnering with Development team to rejuvenate and refresh traditional corporate fundraising strategies, tactics, and materials; paying particular attention to increasing campaign participation, retention of donors, and creating journeys for donors. Additionally, work with Development team to create and execute strategies and plans to attract new corporate partners.
- Collaborating with VP of Digital Strategy and Engagement and Development Team to develop strategies, tactics, and sales materials to quickly and effectively transition our corporate accounts to Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud, our innovative new digital giving and volunteer platform.
- Brainstorm with development to create motivating and engaging materials and collateral for all annual campaign materials including: United Way overviews, pledge materials, leadership packages, posters and assorted other collateral.
Affinity/Industry Group Marketing
Create and execute year-round marketing strategies and plans to engage and motivate affinity groups.
- In partnership with Affinity Group lead managers, create messaging and copy for all deliverables targeted at affinity groups.
- Be a thought partner with the Sr. Director of Events to create the strategy and materials for recurring and standalone events targeted to each affinity group.
- Collaborate with VP of Digital Marketing to create eCommunications designed to increase participation and donations.
- Provide support for affinity and industry group events.
- Work with VP of Development in the strategic reimagining of the Women United affinity group and develop marketing strategies and plans to return this large, long standing group to growth.
Develop strategies and plans to expand awareness and attendance and increase donor engagement and donations in United Way’s four regions: Attleboro/Taunton, Greater Seacoast, North Shore, and Merrimack Valley.
- Regionalize existing content to appeal to United Ways geographic regions.
- Support regional events with local content and speakers.
- Serve as the voice of marketing with our regional boards and councils.
- Act as day to day marketing contact for UW regional contacts.
- Work with VP Digital to ensure a steady cadence of regional stories on the UWMB website and social media.
- Work with copywriter and art director to ensure materials and event content is on strategy for our regions.
Lead the development of marketing strategies and plans to promote awareness and motivate support of United Way’s community impact programs. Particular focus will be on helping to assess United Way as a backbone organization which will provide deep impact to tackle place-based community challenges and to raise new funds.
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience in marketing with evidence of continued advancement. Event marketing experience and nonprofit experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred, but not required with relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to develop and execute marketing strategies and plans that result in business growth.
- Excellent writing and language skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the principles of traditional marketing and event marketing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Team player with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships with Development and Community Impact and the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when appropriate
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.