LOCATION: BOSTON, MA
POSITION TITLE: CONTENT AND DIGITAL MARKETING INTERN
REPORTS TO: DIGITAL MARKETING TEAM
TERM: Summer 2019
United Way is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and dependable marketing intern to support the content and digital marketing team. In this position, you will support the launch of key digital initiatives and launches, as well as implement and deploy marketing content through our website, social media channels, and email. Through this internship you will gain hands-on experience in social media, digital analytics; content strategy and development; and assisting in the management of digital assets for high volume marketing department. There are also opportunities to write content, create digital assets, and assist in the management of marketing projects.
- Create a digital marketing library for the marketing team, cataloguing images, videos, and other digital assets.
- Assist in researching and sharing social media content related to United Way’s key priorities and impact areas.
- Assist in the monitoring of social channels
- Contribute to digital analytics tracking and reporting. Assist in the tracking of how web, email, and social content performs with United Way’s audience.
- May assist in the writing, editing, and proofreading of marketing content, including blog posts, web pages, social media, and print materials.
- Optimize and resize digital graphics
- Other assignments as requested by the content and digital marketing team
- Track links back to our website and reach out to referring websites
- Current college student in a degree program or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience working on social media for a business or organization
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in and basic understanding of how businesses use digital marketing platforms to engage and convert users into customers
- Basic understanding of the metrics that businesses use to measure the performance of digital marketing assets (Likes, follows, shares, pageviews, email open and click rates, etc.)
About United Way:
We unite to create positive, lasting change for people in need. We call it harnessing the power of people working together. And that means everyone – individuals, nonprofits, companies, and government agencies.
Please note: United Way is located in the Fort Point Channel neighborhood in downtown Boston. Parking is very limited, and commuting via public transportation is highly encouraged.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley, Human Resources Coordinator, 51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210. Fax: 617- 624-9114