LOCATION: Boston, MA
POSITION TITLE: Community Ambassador
REPORTS TO: Director Development
STATUS: Temporary, August 26, 2019 – December 6th (15 week commitment)
The Community Ambassador functions as a member of the Development staff of United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley. With a team of United Way staff and volunteers, Community Ambassadors conduct, manage and monitor assigned corporate and individual solicitations as well as employee campaigns so that maximum results are achieved. We are looking for Community Ambassadors for both our Boston and Lowell offices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Coordinate processes within assigned corporate accounts, including: creating campaign timelines, ordering and delivering campaign materials, creating reports, tracking results, collecting donor detail, and other administrative duties.
- Inform United Way staff of progress, challenges, and opportunities throughout the campaign.
- Using skills learned during professional training, develop and execute specific strategies for maximizing performance in each assigned account, with a primary focus on increasing donor gifts, retaining previous donors, and recruiting and engaging new donors.
- Bachelor Degree preferred; comparable experience considered.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Professional fund-raising or sales experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of the importance of administrative tasks and willingness to complete those tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment preferred.
- Attendance at professional training session August 26, 2019-August 30, 2019
- Applicants must have access to a car.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way.
We unite to create positive, lasting change for people in need. We call it harnessing the power of people working together. And that means everyone – individuals, nonprofits, companies, and government agencies.
We work every day to achieve our vision and mission by focusing on two foundations of better lives: Financial Opportunity and Educational Success. Specifically:
Financial Opportunity: Ensuring that all families have safe housing, healthy food and quality childcare. That they have jobs that allow them to support themselves and their families. And that they have access to financial tools and coaching to help build a better future.
Educational Success: Preparing children to enter school ready to learn, develop critical social and academic skills, and get the support they need to stay in school and graduate.
You are the key to making this shared vision a reality. Your gifts become critical funding for ground-breaking initiatives and best-in-class partnerships with nonprofit agencies throughout our region, your time and talents fuel the engine for change; your friends, family and colleagues are the army of difference-makers who positively impact lives.
That’s what it means to LIVE UNITED.
Please join us.
TO APPLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210. Fax: 617/624-9114 or