LOCATION: Boston, MA
POSITION TITLE: Community Ambassador, Boston & South Shore
REPORTS TO: Director Development
STATUS: Temporary, August 24, 2020 – December 4th (15-week commitment)
SALARY: $18/Hour, $675.00 per week
BENEFITS: N/A (Non-negotiable)
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY URGED TO APPLY
The Community Ambassador functions as a member of the Development staff of United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley. With a team of United Way staff and volunteers, Community Ambassadors conduct, manage and monitor assigned corporate and individual solicitations as well as employee campaigns so that maximum results are achieved. We are looking for Community Ambassadors for both our Boston and Lowell offices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Coordinate processes within assigned corporate accounts, including: creating campaign timelines, ordering and delivering campaign materials, creating reports, tracking results, collecting donor detail, and other administrative duties.
- Inform United Way staff of progress, challenges, and opportunities throughout the campaign.
- Using skills learned during professional training, develop and execute specific strategies for maximizing performance in each assigned account, with a primary focus on increasing donor gifts, retaining previous donors, and recruiting and engaging new donors.
- Bachelor Degree preferred; comparable experience considered.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Professional fund-raising or sales experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of the importance of administrative tasks and willingness to complete those tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment preferred.
- Attendance at professional training session August 26, 2019-August 30, 2019
- Applicants must have access to a car.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way.
TO APPLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: