Posted on May 24, 2017
Senior Director, Grant Finance – Boston, MA
POSITION TITLE: Senior Director, Grant Finance
DIVISION: Administration & Finance
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Finance
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Senior Director, Grant Finance will develop relevant solutions to meet the financial administrative objectives of the department in managing various private and government grant agreements and ensuring compliance with Federal, State, Local rules and regulations as it relates to Grants Administration. This position cultivates partnership/teamwork relationships with other departments within UWMB as well as external grant managers and program officers of funding bodies to carry out these responsibilities. Coordinates the implementation of grant awards and ensures post-award compliance. Compiles financial and compliance related data for the preparation of grant applications, interim and final grantor reports, periodic financial reports to internal departments, and billings.
- Serves as liaison with external grant managers and program directors, Grants Team and Community Impact staff to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and customer service.
- Monitors adherence to grant administration policies and procedures of the organization.
- Maintains shared grant reporting calendar due dates and submissions, including all required financial and performance deliverables as stated per grant awards and contracts.
- Develops boilerplate templates for proposals and reports that contain key organizational wide financial data and budgets for major initiatives.
- Perform various general grant administration functions of a financial nature, such as billings and budget amendments. Reviews all RFP’s and grant guidelines to ensure eligibility and alignment with approved key criteria during the proposal phase.
- Reviews and interprets grant awards and contracts prior to acceptance for compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations and within policy for budget adequacy and available resources.
- Oversees OMB A-133, State, and other Grantor financial and compliance audits and site visits, as applicable.
- Assists Grants team to ensure proper tracking of pledges and payments for unrestricted, temp restricted and multi-year grant revenue in pledge processing software (Andar). Reconciles Andar to accounting system (Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics). Follows up with the appropriate staff for any outstanding grant awards and/or grant receipts.
- Assists Grants Team with monthly revenue projection reports and meetings.
- Serves as Budget Director for all grant related expenditures, monitors budgets and spending with Community Impact staff to ensure projections are met.
- Maintains appropriate documentation to support grant revenue and expenses for financial reporting and audits.
- Develop and maintain in conjunction with the Senior Director of Financial Reporting a complex tracking systems to manage diverse grant programs in the Finance department. Oversee accounting entries and monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts as it relates to grant activity.
- Prepare and/or amend budgets, financial reports for, and review with, grant providers and internal staff as appropriate.
- Perform any other duties, as necessary.
- Bachelor’ degree with major in accounting or related field required.
- Familiarity with grant related accounting and financial reporting GAAP as well as not-for-profit Statement of Activities fund accounting.
- Excellent customer services skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization and external grantors.
- Significant hands-on government grant compliance reporting experience.
- At least 5 years relevant accounting experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret federal, state, and local government laws and regulations regarding grant contracts and administration.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word, Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics, FRx and Management Reporter is desirable.
- Adobe Acrobat and Google Drive experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of the United Way of Mass Bay.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay, Inc.
Human Resources Coordinator,
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves.