HELP US EXTEND THE COMMUNITY INVESTMENT TAX CREDIT!
Every day, in neighborhoods and cities across the Commonwealth, Community Development Corporations (CDCs) are working hard to spur affordable housing and job creation, incubate small businesses and revitalize neighborhoods. Since the program’s inception in 2014, United Way has raised over $4 million from donors to support CDCs across the state through the Community Investment Tax Credit. In just the past two years, these CDCs have:
- Built over 600 new affordable housing units;
- Prevented more than 1,300 foreclosures;
- Provided more than 11,600 individuals with financial coaching and financial education to help them build savings, reduce debt and improve credit scores.
Please help us advocate for the extension of the Community Investment Tax Credit (CITC) by endorsing An Act to Promote High-Impact Community Investment (H.2617 / S.1511), sponsored by Senator DiDomenico & Rep. Kulik and co-sponsored 68 other legislators. This bill would:
- Extend the CITC through 2025;
- Lift the overall cap progressively to $12 million in 2023;
- Lift the individual Community Partner caps in alignment with the overall cap.
Please add your name to our growing list of supporters – we’ll ensure your voice is heard.
Thank you for supporting the CITC extension. By endorsing this legislation, you will help show the Massachusetts Legislature that individuals, businesses, community organizations, elected officials, community leaders and many others support the CITC program and what it is doing to help communities and families across the Commonwealth. If you have any general inquiries or questions regarding our CITC program, please contact Marcin Kunicki at firstname.lastname@example.org.