Posted on May 25, 2017
Manager, Corporate Engagement – Boston, MA
This position will develop relationships and manage logistics associated with implementing volunteer opportunities that engage corporate groups within the UWMB Boston footprint. The manager position will be integral to the growth and creation of volunteer engagement activities across the organization. This role will work closely with local organizations to execute projects, maintain a menu of volunteer opportunities that respond to agency needs, and offer volunteer management expertise through Volunteer HQ.
Create and organize regular opportunities for United Way corporate teams and volunteers, and assist Development staff with requests for one-off opportunities for corporate accounts. Work with the volunteer coordinator to provide tracking and data management for all projects and volunteers. This role will also be responsible for engagement requests for new prospects and businesses within the Boston footprint.
Serve as the lead contact for Boston partner agencies that provide UW with strategic volunteer engagement activities for corporate partners. Collect and manage an ongoing list of volunteer opportunities and in-kind needs by forming relationships with UW agencies and other aligned nonprofit agencies.
Provide support, technical assistance, and volunteer management expertise to funded partners and other nonprofit agencies with accounts on Volunteer HQ. Provide support and technical assistance to individual volunteers in the Boston footprint who have an account on the website.
Strategy and Growth of Corporate Engagement
This role will be part of a team tasked with implementing a new corporate engagement strategy aimed at increasing and deepening the volunteer experience for United Way’s top corporate partners. To that end, this position will be tasked with working on a cross-functional team to expand and scale existing work, create new corporate on-site and off-site volunteer opportunities, and streamline current processes and operations to better serve United Way’s partner agencies and corporate accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in volunteer and/or program management.
- Strategic and conceptual thinking.
- Proven ability to create and cultivate professional relationships
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal and public speaking skills required.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work under pressure with urgency and diligence to complete tasks on time
- Project management skills – proven ability to schedule, plan, track and complete complex projects on time.
- Event management skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate and be successful working on and with cross-functional teams.
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, persistent in follow-up, meet tight deadlines and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Strong skills with MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, internet and social media.
- Experience using database systems similar to Andar preferred but not required.
- Experience using volunteer management platforms similar to Get Connected/Galaxy Digital preferred but not required.
- Flexibility to travel as needed to support corporate engagement team members in the Merrimack Valley, North Shore, and Seacoast regions.
- Commitment to excellence and the mission of United Way!
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley, Human Resources Coordinator,
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210