Posted on April 14, 2017
Director of Digital Marketing – Boston, MA
POSITION TITLE: Director, Digital Marketing
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Digital Strategy and Engagement
If you live and breathe digital marketing, with a specific focus on utilizing technology to create a fantastic user experience, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a Director of Digital Marketing to develop, implement, track and optimize digital marketing efforts across digital channels.
Enthusiastic, energetic, responsible and proactive individual with an interest in working for an organization whose purpose is to build stronger communities. The ideal candidate will have strong technical, analytical, writing and general communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced, challenging and ever-changing workplace.
- Day to day management of website (built on Word Press), including trouble shooting, improving usability, researching and proposing improvements.
- Measure and report performance using Google Analytics and CRM system. Assess performance against goals (ROI and KPIs). Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Manage automated Thank You email process for website donations.
- Work with internal teams to plan and execute web, SEO/SEM, email, social media, marketing database and display advertising campaigns.
- Create, send and measure performance of all eCommunications from internal CRM system and Salesforce Marketing Cloud, including event invitations, newsletters, solicitations and thank yous.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure marketing campaigns are linked to CRM data.
- Manage day to day social media activities – posting, responding, engaging with followers.
- Track and analyze performance of social media campaigns, short and long term.
- Propose and implement strategies to better build and engage follower base.
- Content creation:
- Using existing content, create videos that align with monthly themes and organization initiatives.
- Edit existing graphics using Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign.
- Contribute to blog as appropriate.
- Serve as the primary marketing interface with IT department.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- BS/MS degree in marketing, IT or a related field, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proven working experience with CRM systems, including Salesforce and the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly Exact Target)
- Proven experience with Word Press
- Basic design experience, including familiarity with Adobe Creative suite (specifically InDesign, Dreamweaver, Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
- Experience with creating and editing videos using Premiere Pro or other editing software.
- Familiarity with social media analytics tools
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Strong writing skills
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of this United Way
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE FORWARD RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay
Human Resources Coordinator
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210
United Way of Massachusetts Bay is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.